Following the success of a gaming house installed in 1873 in a chalet at the exit of Evian, the municipality was studying a project to create a casino. In 1877, the mayor, Baron Louis Ennemont of Blonay, donated his castle to the city in order to create a "house of games". The playrooms setted up on the front of the building in 1878; the back of the building was reserved for the establishment of baths and hydrotherapy. In 1884, the city added a theater connected to the casino by a glass footbridge.
On May 1892, the Water Company negotiated an agreement with the city to rent the Casino.
This building was later rebuilt in 1911 by the architect J.A. Hebrard, also the builder of the Cachat pump room and the Royal hotel. His work, shows a strong Neo-Byzantine inspiration, especially in the construction of the dome. On the first floor, a large hall led to a colonnade gallery and side stairs connected gardens to the hall.